CORONAVIRUS UPDATE 27/3/2020
We are now closed until Friday 3rd of April:
If you need to contact us please use our website contact form
– We will then be open for essential and urgent services only. Do not call in. Phone first.
– We will not see any patients for routine appointments until the current advice changes.
– If you are a key worker and need to access our services, contact us and we will do everything we can to help you.
– If you have an urgent eye problem (e.g. pain, red eye, sudden drop in vision or other sudden changes) and are registered with a GP in the Colchester area we may still see you under the NHS Minor Eye Conditions Service this will help take pressure off local GPs, A&E and Hospital Eye Services. Call first and an optometrist will triage your symptoms to discern if it’s essential you be examined.
– We are operating a locked door policy. No more than 1 person (and carer) will be allowed on the premises at one time.
Bethell and Clark Opticians
Designer frames – A wide range of quality spectacle frames to suit most tastes. We stock: Ray-Ban, Silhouette, neubau, Mulberry, OLIVER PEOPLES, Cath Kidston, Walter and Herbert, HACKETT, TED BAKER, L.K. Bennett, Tiffany, GANT, Swarovski and TOM FORD
Complete contact lens service – We provide contact lens fitting and aftercare of all soft, silicone hydrogel and rigid gas permeable (RGP) lenses and can source products from all leading companies including ACUVUE, BAUSCH & LOMB, Alcon and CooperVision.
Sight testing – including optical coherence tomography (OCT) and digital retinal photography. We have the latest technology to ensure you continue to have the best possible vision and enjoy good health. Every sight test includes a full health check of the eyes. Apart from detecting specific eye diseases an eye test can also pick up signs of many general health problems, most commonly hypertension and diabetes.
Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS) – for people registered with a GP practice within the North East Essex NHS CCG; if you have eye pain, sudden loss of vision, foreign bodies, lid problems or flashes and floaters we can see you for a NHS funded examination. You can self-refer by speaking to our receptionists about your symptoms or you may be directed to us by your GP, pharmacist or another optometrist for an examination. Our receptionists will ask you a few short triage questions to gauge the urgency of your symptoms, where necessary we will offer you an appointment within 24hrs.
Appointments often available same day
VDU sight testing at corporate rates – we have put together a package for local businesses and their employees that will ensure compliance with health and safety regulations for VDU users in a cost-effective way.
Re-use your own frame – If you have an old pair of glasses you love but your prescription needs updating why don’t you bring them to us to be reglazed. With our own on site workshop in Colchester we can often reglaze your old spectacles at a competitive price.
Hearing – We have a hearing aid specialist in regular attendance. For an appointment at our practice, or to book a home visit: please speak to our receptionists on 01206 573892.